· The first quarter of the year saw 3.1 percent growth, which is quite good; and the second quarter’s growth may even be revised upward.
Brazil’s economy is in a mess, with far bigger problems than the government will admit or investors seem to register. The torpid stagnation into which it fell in 2013 is becoming a full-blown-and probably prolonged-recession, as high inflation squeezes wages and consumers’ debt payments rise (see article).
Housing demand to grow as new immigrants arrive In recent decades, California has built new housing at a slower rate than the rest of the country and much of this new housing has been built in relatively underdeveloped inland areas. As a result, California’s supply of housing has not kept pace with demand to live in the state and housing costs have grown faster than the rest of the country.RealtyTrac: 2Q foreclosure activity rises as some states see reboot Larry Summers is Obama’s Fed pick, Japanese paper claims The White House says Obama hasn’t made a pick yet.. nikkei: obama tapping larry Summers as Fed Chair. the Japanese paper Nikkei cited unnamed sources saying he was about to tap Larry.Wells Fargo redesigns HELOCs to save borrowers What the Wells Fargo settlement means for mortgage borrowers. On April 20, the bank said it would pay $1 billion to federal regulators that fined it for allegedly engaging in foul practices that impacted mortgage and auto loan customers. One of the agencies penalizing the bank is the consumer financial protection bureau (cfpb),RealtyTrac: 2Q foreclosure activity rises as some states see reboot (housingwire.com) 16 Cities That Are Getting Destroyed By Foreclosures (businessinsider.com) RealtyTrac: US Foreclosure Activity Down 4.0% In June (forexlive.com)
The moves come after the Federal Reserve reduced its benchmark lending rate for the first time since the global financial in late July..
National foreclosure inventory drops: LPS LPS’ October Mortgage monitor: foreclosure starts Down; Decline Likely Temporary as Industry Adapts to New National mortgage settlement requirements.. drop in overall foreclosure inventory.
· U.S. data still point to economic momentum; inflation perked up and retail sales rose in July. However, never-ending U.S.-China trade war uncertainty and weaker life signs.
The US economy likely lost momentum last quarter and is now forecast to have expanded at an annualised pace of 1.8 per cent in the April-June period, down from 3.1 per cent reported for the first.
· Thu., April 5, 2018 timer 3 min. read OTTAWA-Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is taking his government’s balancing act between the economy and the environment on a western Canadian road show this.
quagmire. A quagmire is a dangerous place, like the muddy shoreline of a pond. Because it's so hard to climb out of a quagmire, the word has also come to also.
San Francisco controller cautions against eminent domain As the Supreme Court later confirmed in San Remo Hotel, L.P. v. City and County of San Francisco, 545 U.S. 323 (2005), since all the facts and conclusions made in the state inverse condemnation.It’s 2002, All Over Again: Homeownership Registers Record Drop in 2007 But it stuns me that people don’t ask themselves just what S&P is and who its credit raters. This is all theoretical, you might argue. OK then, let’s go empirical. What is S&P’s recent track record.
Obama talks of the economy of the United state, but, What doy you say? Quagmire.. 😀 funny
· The quagmire of the digital revolution traditional companies need to speak out about unequal playing fields while trying to keep up with the digital disruptors. David Gibb /.
“There are signs the economy may have reached a gentle turning point,” RBA. Lowe conceded that it was taking longer than.
US Economy US Politics & Policy. the warning signs that all was not well in North America were evident as long ago as 2015.. "In all my years I have never encountered such a quagmire . . .
· Further development work delineated a resource of 1.2 billion pounds of copper, 650,000 ounces of gold, and 3 million ounces of silver. This first stage of development for Oyu Tolgoi made Mongolia the world’s fastest growing economy from 2009 to.